Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yuck, yuck, yuck!!

I stayed up a little late the other night, and became aware of a noise that I couldn't quite place. I got up and finally located the sound: a scratch, scratch scratch coming from my basement door. Really, really not the think I want to hear after Ryan has already gone to bed and the house is dark. I finally figured out (after opening the basement door while standing on a chair holding a broom) that the sound was coming from inside the wall. A mouse had found it's way up through the unfinished part under our stairs and was either stuck or curious.

I had noticed signs of mice (aka mouse poop) in our garage, and once in our basement where some popcorn had been spilled. This little midnight incident lit a little fire under me to finally do something about it. I buy the traps and set the traps, but I leave it to Ryan to deal with the dead mouse bodies (we are now up to four). As I said before, yuck, yuck, yuck!

No comments: