Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ryan is Going High-Tech

For the past five years or so (at least), Ryan has always been met with disbelief when someone has asked for his cell phone number. Why? Because he has never owned one. Okay, he owned one once, but no one was allowed to call it because it was for "work only" (and the occassional emergency babysitting call). I was strictly forbidden from ever giving the number out.

It has taken a while, but Ryan has finally come of age and got his own phone for his birthday. Not just any old phone--the iphone. His problem with getting a phone was that he didn't want a phone that wasn't a PDA as well, and the cost of doing data plans just didn't seem worth it. Is it worth it now? I'm not sure. But one thing is for sure--the iphone is easy to love. I am more than a little envious that it will be Ryan carrying it around in his nerdy belt-clip holster instead of me.

Since he wasn't in the office after I picked it up, I brought it home with me. And what's the harm in playing with it a little? I mapped out the drive from me (after all, it knows where I am) to my parents house in Montana. I checked my email. I watched a clip on YouTube. I looked up the weather. I took a couple of pictures. I wrote a few "to do" things on the cute little yellow note paper screen. I turned to from horizontal to vertical multiple times just to see the screen switch. Those people at Apple are seriously amazing. It was definitely worth the wait.

6 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

I'm so surprised that you took a crack at it first :) I give you 4 months before you have one yourself.

Jen said...

Brian was in line at 7 a.m. on July 11 to purchase his iPhone. He loves the thing.

Anonymous said...

You'll love it Ryan (I'm posting this comment from my iPhone) he he :)

Anonymous said...

It's a miracle.

I disagree with Kristin-- I give you 2 months tops.

Delsa said...

My guess is you will use it more than Ryan, as in "Ryan, I forgot my phone, could I use yours." "Look Ryan, a great picture for the blog, hand me your phone". "Let me get directions for you, I'm sure you will just get us lost". I could go on.

Anonymous said...

Dan will be jealous. He REALLY wants one.