Sunday, January 18, 2009

Workout Buddies

When baby #4 came along, there weren't a lot of things I needed that I didn't already have. One thing I had seen that looked useful was a playmat she could lay on the floor and use. I did a little online shopping, and was amused to find out that what I was calling a "playmat" is actually a "baby gym". I can't be the only one for whom those two words together conjure up images of babies on stairclimbers and doing bench presses.

So many people seemed to love them per the reviews on Amazon that I KNEW my baby needed one as well. A girl's got to stay in shape, after all.

The one thing I hadn't been able to predict was Andrew's response to it. This picture pretty much sums it up:


At one point in Andrew's life, I was concerned he might have hearing problems. I no longer worry about that, since no matter where Andrew is in the house, he can detect the music being turned on when I put Chloe in her gym. He immediately comes running to join her for her workout.

Research seems to indicate that having a friend to workout with is helpful. I think this case is a definite exception to that. But like it or not, Chloe has a very devoted workout partner for her all her trips to the gym. I wish I had one of those!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I'll be your gym buddy. Want to move to Rexburg? I love your play with words in this post. It made smile.

KJA said...

well put - getting them started young on good workout habits will be a blessing later in life.

Anonymous said...

You can totally see his awesome washboard abs too--that workout is really paying off!

Delsa said...

That is just the sweetest picture. Andrew is a little doll.