
I guess American Idol is really working to get kids interested in their show since they teamed up with McDonalds and put AI toys in Happy Meals. Seeing as how the average age for a Happy Meal consumer is probably around 3, I have to admit that I just don't get it. Neither did my kids, who asked a dozen questions about why a show that isn't on until after they were in bed would put advertisements in their Happy Meals (we've talked once or twice about the evil world of marketing).
If it were actually a good toy, maybe I'd let it slip. But it really has to be one of the lamest Happy Meal toys I've ever seen. Here's a video someone posted of it, and yes--that's all it does. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/mc-donaldand39s-devo-toy/1911476129?icid=acvsv2
I think my kids were feeling a little ripped off until I made the mistake of saying that it was one of the stupidest Happy Meal toys I'd ever seen. Somehow that changed the whole value of the toy and it became something to taunt me with by making it play the one annoying song it plays over and over.
And lucky for us, the girl filling up the boxes messed up and gave Mason 2 of the toys, and forgot his hamburger. So now I have 4 American Idol toys (all the same) that will soon be finding their way to the landfill.
But I will hand it to McDonalds for making it a very pleasant evening. Happy Meals at the park, even with annoying toys and not enough hamburgers, can really hit the spot.
4 comments:
Honestly, I couldn't have put it better myself. I was in shock to see such a lame toy in the Happy Meal box as well. Ours broke very soon afterward and I was ecstatic.
You,re not at all bitter about this are you?
That is too funny! But at least you guys had a fun night at the park!
Lame toy yes, but Keely and Ben seem to LOVE theirs anyway. It's beyond me!
Post a Comment