Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tis the Season


Which season you ask? Caterpillar season. We get hundreds of these little fuzzy caterpillars every spring (they turn into moths...not quite as cute as butterflies). Mason and Katie are obsessed with them and spend hours in the yard collecting them as pets. It's all I can do to keep them from bringing them into the house either on purpose or inadvertantly attached to their clothing/hair/etc. They would love it if we could get a dog, but for now they are going to have to make due with caterpillars--pretty pathetic.


And yet another update on the little nest of birds above my door. Yes, I am obsessed with them. I watched them again today and counted at least four if not five little beaks poking out of the nest. But as you can see from the picture, that many birds leads to a lot of output. It kind of makes me hope the baby birds grow up quickly, because as much as I love the baby birds, I don't love their poop all over my door!




2 comments:

Delsa said...

I think a dogs the perfect idea. See if you can get one before Lisa does. Actually, Sis. Kirks mother brought her dog over for Bed and Keely to play with while they were here. It was absolutely adorable and the perfect size. Very little, very black and very soft and furry- though I understand it's hair not fur so it won't shed.

Lisa said...

Tell the kids that the next time they come and visit we should have a dog waiting for them to play with! Those birds are so cute but I know what you mean about the poop. Last year we had a birds nest on the deck and it was a mess. This year we knocked it down when they started building. Mean, huh?