Monday, April 28, 2008

More Signs of Spring













When I was outside today, I noticed movement in the nest above my front door. I grabbed my camera and got a glimpse of the two babies as they stretched their little heads up.

They are kind of blurry, because they moved pretty fast, but I was happy to see that having bird poop on my door isn't all for nothing.

I've also begun the task of spring cleaning. I think we're finally done with the cold, so it's time to switch out everyone's clothes from winter to summer. But then you always need those "in-between" clothes as well. My kids rooms end are a mess for a week or so while I decide which clothes that they've outgrown would be a blessing instead of an insult for Goodwill, and what is worth saving.

But then I always get warmed up and just start throwing things out. Every now and then I do pitch something that I later regret, but the results far outweigh any risks.

The hardest thing for me is dealing with this: The Laundry Basket

Everything in my house seems to like to migrate to the floor where it doesn't belong. The basement toys end up on the main floor, the main floor things end up upstairs, and the main floor is the sad recipient of random objects from above and below. My solution: the laundy basket. It is my blessing and my curse. I love that I can treasure hunt and find everything that is in the wrong place, put it in the laundry basket, and the room I am cleaning looks fabulous so quickly.

But then I am left with the laundry basket of random items that each belong in a different place. I have two laundry baskets, neither of which actually is being used for laundry at this moment because once I get the satisfaction of cleaning a room, it's so hard for me to then tackle the laundry basket.

Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

Delsa said...

Maybe you should just throw everything in the laundry basket away too. It would feel good for a few moments!!!!!