I got my first two yesterday. Mason gave me something that wasn't "made of paper" (usually he makes everything from necklaces to jumpropes for me out of paper). It was a Kung Fu Panda snake from McDonalds. I played with it the rest of the day, and slept with it on my pillow.
Katie, not as dedicated to the "no paper gifts", colored a piece of paper, folded the corners and stapled them strategically to make something that had to be identified to me as a hat, because I never would have guessed that's what it was by the look of it. But on my head it went with a big thank you to a sweet girl.
This morning, Katie let me know that she had another gift for me. She ran upstairs and brought down another wrapped treasure, which I immediately opened. It was one of her "Littlest Pet Shop" animals--a siamese cat. Again, I though it was a very sweet guesture, and I can't wait to play with it.

The best, though, was when she asked me, "Do you know why I picked that one?" Of course, I had no idea but couldn't wait to find out. "Well...I looked at all of the ones I had and this is the one that I like the very least of all. It's not really very cute."
I love my Katie 100%, and the ugly animals she gives me as gifts.
7 comments:
I believe in celebrating birthdays (and holidays) well beyond just the day of! I'm glad you are getting to do that, too! Happy birthday & have a great trip!
Excellent! I think it's a fine looking kitty. :) Really, only the best for you, my friend.
Can we have a birthday celebration when I get there? I am glad I updated my calendar and put you on the 11th instead of the 30th (What in the world was I thinking?)
I think a nice new camera is exactly what the birthday girl is needing! Can't wait to see it!
Have a great trip, travel safely, and I'll see you soon. Oh, just the thought of it makes me giddy!
I had to read this one out loud to Abram I was laughing so hard at Katie. She is such a character--an honest character.
LOL! I love that Katie - very honest.
Keely would have made up some story about how this was her favorite and though it pains her to give it away she did it 'cause she loves me - seriously.
I have been searching through the house to see if there is something I like the very least of all to send you for your birthday. So far all I have come up with is my white tile kitchen floor. Would you like it?
I was going to send a happy birthday email to you and decided to check your blog before sending it! Glad I did...what sweet, generous children you have! I'm happy you're getting so much love and attention! :)
Well my friend...this is your birthday song, it isn't very long!
See you soon!
I just wanted to wish you happy birthday! Have a great time in Michigan and I will call you when you get back.
Post a Comment