But that didn't stop him from being my little shadow today. I had a packed schedule, since it was my turn to teach preschool and I teach piano lessons all afternoon. He was always there to offer me parenting advice ("I think Andrew probably needs a time out for that. Do you want me to do it?"), help with preschool ("Should I explain to all of the kids the rules about the swords and the light sabers?" "I'll plan an activity for the kids while you're outside. I think I'll do a treasure hunt!"), and shoot down every suggestion I gave him for things to do ("I've already read all my books!").
What I wanted to say is "You do preschool then, and I'LL read a book--even if it's one I've done 10 times."
But to his credit, he was always there to help me when I actually wanted his help. It made me wish I hadn't been so busy today so I could have spent a little time with one of my favorite, and most helpful, people in the whole world.
And he is, barring vomit or fever, going to go to school tomorrow.

1 comment:
What is wrong with explaining the rules about the swords and the light sabers. I would personally like to know that rule myself. I wonder if he knew how much fun preschool is and just didn't want to miss out. What a cute photo of him. New short hair cut?
Post a Comment