Monday, June 22, 2009

Latest Home Improvement Project

This was our old "deck" , which was really more of a small patio that had stairs attached to it. We wisely hired out the job of expanding the deck to someone else.
Which was great, since just in digging the holes for the posts, he cut our cable line (which he had fixed within a couple of hours),
Had to saw through various large tree roots
He pulled out large boulders (I didn't get a picture of that one), and sliced our underground drainage pipe (which he also fixed).
We love the finished product. I especially love our beautiful maple tree that shades it the entire day and makes me feel like I'm in a treehouse when I'm out there. I'm all about the do-it-yourself mentality, but some things are best left to the professionals.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Looks great!

The Fowers said...

Wow, beautiful!

JaNan said...

What a great addition! It'll be fun to enjoy the summer on the new patio.

Delsa said...

You have really changed that place since we left. I can hardly wait to see it. Besides that we have already been invited to come speak at a fireside there sometime by Ryan Turner. Or will that keep me from coming?

shawna b. said...

AAAHHHH! I love it! Amy, it's perfect! It is just begging for folks to gather and drink lemonade under the leaves. So, may I?

The MacQueens said...

What a fun spot to hang out. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your deck looks fantastic. Nice work.

Julee said...

Love the new space! Enjoy!