Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Baby Birds Round 2
After getting back from vacation, I noticed that there was a bird in the nest that wasn't flying away. I wasn't sure if it was the mom or one of the second batch of babies. After almost 2 days of not eating or drinking, I knew it wasn't going to last much longer.
I called around and found out there is a bird sanctuary about a half an hour away. So into the shoebox went our little finch, and off we went.
The person I gave it to said it looked like a fledgeling (a baby) that has conjunctivitis--a common finch disease. They're going to give it antibiotics, food and water, and it should get better. I'm going to to just believe that my heroic act of driving it out to the middle of nowhere was worth it. Hopefully Mother Nature is more kind this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so sweet, I love that you did that!
I hope this baby bird does do better. I can't wait to hear more about your reunion. You have an amazing family. I'm sure there was much fun involved.
Amy Quinn - you have such a good heart.
Post a Comment