Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School

Here's Mason, dressed for the first day of school. Wearing the shirt we bought for him when we were in Australia visiting his grandparents. When he was in 1st grade. He is now in 4th grade. Which is, somewhat unfortunately, an old enough age for picking his own clothes out.
When we went to the open house, someone (a teacher or resource person--I didn't know who she was) stopped me and asked, "Are you Mason's mom? He is such a nice boy." And that he is.

And here is Katie, before school. She came home in tears because her class was all different, one of her best friends was gone, and the bus route had been changed and the girl she rode with all last year was on a different bus. The new girl she sat with didn't talk to her, even when Katie tried. Change can be hard. I've never had a child come home sad from the first day of school, and I have to admit I have been pretty sad for her ever since she came home. But tomorrow is a new day, and I think it will be a better one.
And here is Andrew, who ran back in the house to grab his backpack once he realized we were taking the kids to the bus.

And here is Andrew arguing with us about whether or not he's old enough to ride the bus and go to school.


And the bus arrives...

And Andrew holds out hope that they'll let him on. But they don't.


But he still has a puppy to keep him company

So back home they went.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That little doggy is so cute! That is so cute that he wanted to get on the bus. What a great story to have!