We spent Thursday in Innsbruck. It was our non-driving day in between two driving days, so we had to take it pretty easy. We took the kids to a zoo in the morning, and then let them watch a movie in the afternoon while Jen, Megan and I went out to lunch in the nearby city Hall on Tirol.
We wandered around looking for somewhere to eat, and ended up in a cafe where we could point to what we wanted instead of trying to read a menu. My sister made the mistake of getting bottled mineral water, which I feel is really just part of the European experience.
And since it was a low-key day, we finally got Ryan a haircut. On the way home from the zoo, I hunted down a hair salon and went in to see if they had any openings. Making appointments for things like that is fun when you don’t speak a common language. I knew the German word for “husband”, the universal sign for haircut (fingers snipping your hair), and I put four fingers up then pointing to the clock to mean 4:00. Luckily I had also learned the word for “today” and the phrase for “how much does it cost” from my CD’s. She got my meaning, and Ryan got his haircut at 4:00. Danke!
We were back at a Eurocamp (our 5th out of 10 we will use during our trip). I still love Eurocamp for how it caters to exactly what we need for the cost we can afford--but going back into 400 sq. feet isn’t easy. Andrew’s response when getting into the camp was delight as he saw the lakes and the playgrounds. Then he realized we were going back to a “caravan”, and he said, “Not one of THOSE houses again!”
![]() |
| This camp had some cool air-guns we hadn't seen before. |
The realtor for the people buying our house missed the deadline to turn in the buyers’ requests from the home inspection, which left us with no legal obligation to fix anything. We offered to do about a third of what they asked, and the buyers’ realtor ended up taking a hit in his commission to cover the rest. And we found a house in Provo right by the temple that will let us have a pet--so the lease is now signed and we have a home to move to. And Ryan can continue having a walkable commute for another year.
I don't think I'm ready to face all of that reality yet, though, so I'm going to keep my head in my life here for one more month and be glad that I don't have to deal with the move. My reality hear is really about all I can handle.









1 comment:
Amy, I'm so loving the stories of your travels. Makes me want to take my girls to Europe for awhile. Yay for finding somewhere to live in Provo. My parents are living there now, in the Edgemont area which is very close to the temple. I'm sure you'll be in completely different stakes though :) Afterall, it is Provo!
-Claire (Formerly Rollins) :)
Post a Comment