Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Girl Can Dance

Here's a video I shot of Katie at her dance class. She goes to a ballet class, and a tap/jazz class. This video is of the tap/jazz class, and really captures Katie's free spirit. She takes some lessons from her Uncle Shawn and isn't afraid to change up her dance moves. The video is a little long, but since I don't know how to edit videos I just have to post the whole three minutes.

It's funny to watch Katie anytime she's supposed to sit still, like in Primary. When I taught her class one week, she raised her hand so she could say something. I called on her, and while fighting back the tears she said, "I just don't know if I can sit still--there are so many wiggles in me!!" We weren't even close to the topic of sitting still, so it must have been weighing heavily on her little mind. So when I get tired of trying to fight her wiggles, I realize I need to just laugh at them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a crack up. Just really lives in her own little dance world. You need to get her in a hip hop class. I want to see THOSE moves.

Delsa said...

She makes me want to dance with her. To heck with what the teacher is showing them - her's is much more entertaining. Tell her to prepare a dance for us for Christmas.