Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Tatoo for Katie


I've decided that after answering Katie's question "What is my new Pokemon's name" a MINIMUM of fifty times, I would be very tempted to tatoo it to her forehead if I actually thought she could read it. The animal's name is "Picharisu", so I taught her to think of it as "peach" like a fruit. Then for the rest of the night she kept wanting to start it with "pear". It's like having the guy from the SNL skit "Mr. Short-term Memory" since she couldn't keep it in her brain for longer than 5 seconds. Let's just hope she never goes on a mission to Japan, since she doesn't seem to have a real knack for the language. And for the record, I have done all I could to keep Pokemon from invading our house. It has been without success, and I am conceding defeat.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of brilliant....well, the good news is she can dance. We've seen that! Your kids are FUNNY.

Delsa said...

I think Katie might have some of my genes. Sorry that it appears to be the memory ones.

Carolyn Hansen said...

Amy,
So glad to get your Christmas card and to find that you have a blog! I loved seeing what you all have been up to in the recent past. In seems that our lives are more similar than you'd believe (especially the Pokemon crazy which Jackson is in the throws of and our Kate following his every step)! Have a great time in Australia. Can't wait for more updates. Give Delsa and Bob a big hug from me. I sure do miss them.
Love,
Carolyn