Friday, April 25, 2008

My $60.61 Chuck E. Cheese Token


Who in their right mind would pay $60.61 for a Chuck E. Cheese token? Me. But only when it was very inconveniently dropped into the air conditioner control, forcing it to stay on full blast at all times.

I wasn't sure what had happened, but I knew these facts:

1. Andrew had managed to get up to the front seats. It was only about a minute, but he's a quick worker.

2. There were a few Chuck E. Cheese tokens lying on the floor between the front two seats. I have no idea why they were there since we don't even have a Chuck E Cheese within almost a 100 miles, but nevertheless, there they were.

3. The tokens fit JUST RIGHT into the control panel.

It all added up to a bad morning, and a $60.61 bill for the Toyota dealership to extract the token and allow me to drive in peace and quiet. Okay, I still have my kids, so it's not exactly peaceful and quiet, but at least I can control one of the noises again.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Maybe you could sell that coin on e-bay?

Richard said...

In the second photo, I notice you have one of those fancy 6 CD changers in your car, unlike me who still has a tape deck. Upgrading from an AM/FM radio last year was a real step up for me.

Anne-Marie said...

Amy-

I feel your pain. You got off lucky just paying $60. When Sawyer was Andrew's age, he put quarters in the van CD player and it cost $500 to fix it. Ouch! You gotta love these boys.

Micah-n-Holly said...

Amy,
I LOVE that story! And although hindsight makes it seem hilarious I am sure it was very draining and frustrating at the time, Congrats for getting through it and not losing your mind!