

We planted grass almost three weeks ago. I haven't been the most diligent waterer, so it's probably my fault that it has taken so long, but we are finally seeing some green. It's going to take a while for everything to fill in, but it's nice to see something other than straw.
Another sign of spring is that a couple of birds have foolishly decided that right above my front door is a great place to build a nest. I think they might have been better off somewhere else, but I love that it's there and we can watch for the baby birds.
5 comments:
Hurray! For the grass, NOT the birds.
I wish we had a nest like that around our house- the theme for my sons kindergarten show and tell tomorrow is Signs of Spring and I can not think of anything.
When we lived in Illinois, a mother Robin built a nest on the wreath hanging on our front door. A wonderful place to build- especially with three little boys swinging in and out of the door all day long. They did survive and it was thrilling watching the eggs hatch and the baby birds grow.
Oh how I miss Spring in Virginia. It's still winter here in CT. UGH! How fun you have some new grass. In C'ville, we had birds build a nest in our attic, somehow. YIKES, love the chirping baby birds.
Post a Comment