She did it all through Overeaters Annonymous, which included a very structured eating plan, a sponsor that she would talk to every day at first (now it's every week I think), and attending an addiction recovery support group through church.
So here are some of the "before" pictures:


And here are some recent photos (although she looks even smaller in person):
She has had to do a lot of clothes shopping through the whole process, and I've enjoyed going through her closet with her whenever I'm visiting and telling her what she's not allowed to wear anymore. She's already run a 5K and is looking forward to doing more of that once she has an operation on her foot because of some arthritis problems (she had the other done earlier this year).
Her discipline with eating is amazing. Even more amazing is that she thinks that the whole thing has been pretty easy once she got the hang of it. She eats more fruits and vegetables than anyone I know, and weighs everything she eats on a little scale. After various diets involving pills, shakes, and protein bars, I love that the plan she follows is all about eating real food.
So congratulations Mom! You're amazing.
5 comments:
That truly is amazing. Ellen, you are my hero. I have about 15 pounds to lose and it's killing me. I think when I go home I'm not cooking for anyone again and then maybe I can change my life style. I don't know though- I really love the food I cook.
So Inspiring, she really is amazing and she looks great!
I haven't seen your mom in such a long time and she looks great! Thanks for sharing I'll admit it made me cry how much she looks like my mom but I guess that happens when they're sisters :o)
That is amazing and so inspiring. Thanks for sharing, I love before and after pictures. That is why I love to watch "The Biggest Loser".
Very inspiring! And, what a great reminder that healthy eating, portion control and exercise really works. When's the babe due? Do you know the gender yet?
Post a Comment