Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween Fun











I haven't bothered posting about Halloween. I have to admit it was quite a letdown this year compared to the smash reviews we recieved on Scooby Doo last year. Unfortunately, Mason and Katie wanted to be dinosaurs, since that was their fad of the moment (it since moved on to Pokemon...but I think I'm glad dinos beat that out). I had originally imagined creating these elaborate dinosaur costumes, but after trying to do Andrew's and spending way to much money on a costume that ended up not fitting him and causing him to scream and tear and the costume like a wild monkey, I had second thoughts. I turned to my trusted friend Ebay and had three dinosaur costumes delivered to my door.
The bad thing about dinosaur costumes is that they are fairly generic. This leads to a frustrating evening of "Are you a lizard?" "Oh, what a cute dragon!" and in Mason's case "Nice alligator costume!" I have a feeling they won't be doing dinosaurs again. I really want to do Toy Story costumes next year after seeing an adult size Buzz Lightyear that would be fantastic on Ryan, but the kids are vetoing it with emphatic/bordering on aggressive "We hate Toy Story!". I hate having kids that have to have opinions. I guess it's just having opinions different than my own that is the problem.

We went to "The Lawn" for trick or treating. It is the student housing behing Thomas Jefferson's rotunda. This is not your typical student housing (you can see it in the picture) and is by far the most efficient trick or treating route we've found if you can get through the crowds. It's a lot of fun to see everyone in costume. Katie finished her haul and got tired of fighting the crowds so she sat down on the stairs of the rotunda and proceeded to dump out her entire stash. I hope Mr Jefferson didn't mind.

2 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Pokemon (groan). That gives me flashbacks to Ann Arbor Academy.

Amber Culp Family said...

The Lawn, oh how we miss Halloween in C'ville!