Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ouch!

Andrew was (unfortunately) introduced to another part of my childhood: cactus. To get to my piano lessons, I had to cross a field covered with sagebrush with cactus hiding in it. I don't know how many times it took me before I could do it without injury.

Andrew was just trying to get to a neighbor's house that had a trampoline...barefoot. They have "native landscaping", so I should have remembered that would be a bad idea. Right after I thought of it, he landed a foot right in one. It took a lot of distraction, but eventually I got all of the spines out.


The silver lining here is that the house with the trampoline also has a 6-year-old boy that Mason and Katie have become best friends with. It has been great to have a place for them to go burn off some energy. As if that weren't great enough, he has two older sisters that my mom and I paid to play with them all this afternoon. Goldmine.

We hit the children's museum and carousel this morning, but opted out of a trip to McDonald's due to a very grouchy Andrew. We're going to hike Mt Helena in the morning--wish us luck. Usually there is a letter "H" on the mountain, but a couple of months ago, the rocks on the mountain were rearranged into this:


If you're going to rearrange rocks into a peace sign, you might as well paint them pink.

2 comments:

Delsa said...

Poor Andrew- did the cactus incident slow him down at all?

Lisa said...

Oh, I know cactus all too well. Ouch! Poor little guy!