Back when I did a post about cinnamon rolls, a couple of people asked for the recipe I use--so here it is. It's Ryan's aunt's recipe. I think my clothes would fit a little better if this recipe didn't exist.
BASIC ROLLS
Mona Prestwich
Mix and let stand 20 minutes.
4 T. yeast (4 pkgs.) in 1 cup warm water and 2 T. sugar
2 c. scalded milk
2/3 c. shortening
4 t. salt
2/3 c. sugar --- 1 c. sugar for cinnamon rolls
4 eggs beaten
1 t. vanilla
8 rounded cups flour
(Don’t make the dough too stiff--very important!)
Knead
Let rise to double.
Roll out. Spread with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Roll up and cut into rolls. Let rise to double. Bake at 350 for approximately. 20 min.
(For rolls, make in whatever way you want and bake)
2 comments:
Where's the picture? :)
Bless you for this! It will be dangerous for my waistline (what waistline?!), but fun to try a new roll recipe. I am always on the lookout for a good one.
Post a Comment