
We had home teachers come over tonight. Going off the First Presidency message for the month, they asked what the kids knew about bridges. One question they asked was what bridges are for. Both if them came up with some solid answers (getting over a lake, etc), but Katie, with a flash of inspiration, said, "I know! They are so poor people have a place to sleep!"
I'm glad to know Katie is looking out for others.
6 comments:
I am so glad I can count on your blog for a good laugh. I love it! How I miss Amy and her stories!
Okay, my jaw just dropped to the ground. Where in the world did she get that? She is outrageous.
A little supplemental information from Ryan:
When we were in Australia, Grandpa and I took the kids for a walk one day. While we were walking, it started raining, so we hid under a bridge to wait out the rain. The kids thought it was pretty cool that we weren't getting wet, and announced that they could even sleep under the bridge. This led to the conversation of whether people ever sleep under bridges, why would they, and so on into the plights of homeless people. They were definitely curious, but I had no idea that the interest level was so high as to retain the knowledge and make inferences that people actually build bridges so that homeless people can sleep under them...
I actually was curious where she got it from, but it's much funnier not knowing. :) I just read the story out loud to Kris Hansen and I couldn't even get through it I was laughing so hard.
I'm always so amazed with what they take in and when it comes back out. That Katie is nothing but sharp. Maybe you should let her experience a bridge or two for the night. Then she might really have some insights for us.
Now that's good stuff!
Post a Comment