Why we love Kristin:
1. First of all, do we even need a reason? I mean, who doesn't love her?
2. Her lists of potential, past, and current menus we see whenever we're there, along with recipe books full of markers showing recipes she has either made or wants to make.
3. She is an extraordinary hostess.
4. She is incredibly generous.
5. Her ability to bring people into her life and make them family.
6. She's gorgeous. We'd love her even if she wasn't, but we might as well add it to the list.
7. Just watching how she has embraced motherhood has been so fun.
8. Her ability to find purpose in the simple things in life (her blog, watching Max on the playground, etc.)
9. She is able to maintain sanity in spite of having a high-powered lawyer as a husband.
10. Her basketball skillz. In fact, during the kids basketball class today, this came up. Clearly I have not been a great role model for Katie since she wasn't sure if girls really played basketball (there was only one other girl in her class). I told her that of course they did, and used Kristin as my example. I then said, with great confidence, "In fact, I think she could even beat your dad in basketball." Ryan just rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever." All I know is that I hope Kristin's game is on the next time we're in town, because I sense a challenge here. Katie needs to see some girl-power.
So happy late birthday Kristin!
4 comments:
Kristin is the bomb. I don't know Ryan, with those years behind you she could put her foot out for you to step on and rolling that ankle of your's would be the end for you. Oh, I just remembered, that happened here didn't it?
Did mom just say, "The bomb"?? I mean that's awesome right?
Ditto to all the Kristin love.
Her recipe lists are great, huh? I love that she loves to cook - especially when she come to visit me, I just sit back and watch her take over. : )
Amy - shout out to you for 3 top 10's in a row, serious business!
I think the game should be delayed until the outer banks. This game is going to need an unbiased referee, and who better than yours truly? Really I just wouldn't want to miss it. I just hope everyone manages to stay out of the hospital.
Post a Comment