Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shauri's Shout-out

Here are just 10 of the reasons I love Shauri:

1. She converted me to game night. I was a little hesitant at first (I know I'm not the only one who has felt that way), but I love it now.
2. She can win most people over in a matter of minutes with her sassy wit. And those who aren't won over clearly have no sense of humor.
3. She, like her mother, loves to laugh. I have images of the two of them laughing for amazingly extended periods of time because they egg each other on.
4. She's a creative genius, whether it's her writing, her pictures, whatever.
5. She continues to recreate and improve herself as she goes through life.
6. She is an amazing gift-giver. She gives a lot of gifts, and they all are so thoughtful--how does she do it?
7. She's open and honest about her life (including her breasts and PMS--just two of the many great stories on her blog).
8. She is the queen of finding humor in everyday situations. And somehow humorous situations seem to find her back.
9. Speaking of blogs, I love the fact that she helped get me hooked on blogs. Her constant prodding to post on the original QuinnsUnite blog got me started and her frequent comments left on my blog regarding how much she loves it when I actually post something help me want to find things to write.
10. She's a dynamite caramel-corn making partner. It has been way too long since we've done that.

You're the best!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen to all those things and ditto that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy--these all made me laugh. I appreciate you not calling it "nagging", but I'm glad you're a regular now. I agree--I miss our caramel popcorn team.

Delsa said...

Wow! How long since I've had carmel popcorn, let alone family game night.Though I must say the little videos on the blog from Duck Beach helped me not feel so left out.
You are pretty great Shauri- I agree with Amy

EFN Newsletter said...

Dang it. I forgot carmel popcorn making skills.