Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I Never Do School Portraits



This pose cost me $20. I don't know how I got suckered into thinking that I needed to do school portraits--I should know better. I think it's because when I didn't do it last year, the picture was actually cute. Just my luck.

I did have a strike against me since he's going through the jack-o-lantern phase of having very mismatched and missing teeth. Along with that, I attempted to gel his hair for picture day which resulted in the big chunk that split off and landed on his forehead. Add to that the fact that when you tell him to smile, he generally just grits his teeth in the happiest way he can and squints one eye--and here is what you get.


I felt obliged to add on a second picture just to show that he's usually a really cute kid, in spite of the fact that he doesn't always smile so well.
I will say that compared to the sports photo of Katie from a few months back, Mason got the better end of the deal. But at least I didn't actually pay money for that one. (Here's the link for that one in case you forgot what that gem looked like: http://quinnsunite.blogspot.com/2007/04/here-is-proof-from-katies-soccer-photo.html

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hah! I LOVE that picture! You should definitely frame it and put it on the wall. I have to say that I have some pretty sweet school pictures myself though.

Anonymous said...

Hey..those aren't half bad. And every kid HAS to have some of those school pics--just to keep you humble.

I can vouch for Lisa. Hers are AWESOME.

Shawn said...

Are you kidding me. You think I would pay to see the perfect pictures that we can choose out of the 100 taken with digital cameras? Noooooo, I would pay to see people school pictures first.

Garrett said...

I almost peed myself when I read this blog. Then I DID pee myself when i checked the link with Katie's picture.

Lori said...

I just have to ditto what Garrett said...all I have to add is that Ellen needs those pics.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally checking out your blog! Seriously Amy...I needed a good belly laugh! Those pictures are hilarious, and your commentary...even better.