Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Absent-Minded Professor

Do you ever have one of those days? You know, the kind when you don't realize until half-way through the day that the shoes you are wearing don't match?

Lucky for Ryan, they aren't so different that anyone noticed. Lucky for me (and my blog) a colleague of his was in the room with him when he made the realization, so I got a picture of it.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm laughing so hard right now!

Ellen Burnside said...

When we lived in Hawaii, we had a party one night at our home. My aunt attended the party and as you may know, in Hawaii you always take your shoes off when you enter the house, even for a party. My aunt stayed to help clean up and when she got ready to leave there were two mismatched shoes left at the door, both black and both fit her so she wore them home, thinking that the person who had worn the other mismatched pair home would be calling us the next day. I did receive a call the next day, but it was from my aunt. She had actually worn the mismatched pair from home that evening. They were both her shoes. We had a great laugh over that one.

Cynthia said...

When we lived in Seattle everyone took off their shoes when entering a home. I went to a baby shower once and when I left I plucked my shoes from the pile by the door. The next day I realized I had accidentally swapped shoes with a friend. I called her and she hadn't even noticed! The shoes looked very similar but were different sizes.

Delsa said...

He didn't even notice the square toe???
I wasn't so lucky. My first date with Bob some girl took my coat and never bothered to figure out who's she had. Made me mad as I had made mine, a beautiful white wool, and the one I ended up with was - well let me say, somewhat less. I married Bob anyway.

Anonymous said...

So he actually brought them home from the store that way or he has two pairs at home that look that close?? How bizarre---and believe me that is one of the least absent minded professor things Ryan has done in his life. :)

shawna b. said...

Good show, Ryan Quinn! I doubt I would have noticed either!