You may not remember what a cinquain is, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were forced to write one or two at some point during your elementary education (thanks to Adelaide Crapsey, the poet who made them popular. That is one very unfortunate last name).
Here are Mason's poems (typed on heart-shaped paper) written to Ryan and I:
Mom
Nice cleaner
Loving caring helping
Stirct nice tired happy
Miracle
(I thought the "miracle" at the end was a nice touch. And yes, I am tired. A lot.)
Dad
Nice professor
Loving caring helping
Strict mournful happy helpful
Workful
("Mournful"? That's not usually the word people think of when they think of Ryan. Mason explained to me that he picked that word because "when Dad does something bad, he always repents to us." Very sweet. And I have to say that although "workful" isn't exactly a word, it describes Ryan very well.)
6 comments:
Will you tell Mason that I loved his poems. Grandpa totally agreed with mournful because Ryan is always feeling remorse for something. He repents more than anyone we know. Speaking of that, I think it's because he pays more attention to everything he does and says. Most of us just do them and put them aside and never consider the rightness or wrongness of them or the impacts. I think that Mason knows his parents pretty well.
Those are absolutely darling! I sure wish I were more mournful and workful. Those are just fabulous. And miracle? Now that is sweet.
Nice cleaner. I like that.
that's a keeper - both the poem and the kid. AWESOME!
Well you're both loving, caring, helping, happy, and strict!
Mournful, workful Ryan. I like the sound of that. And you, my friend, are a miracle! I like the sound of that, too. Nice poetry, Mason Quinn. Also, isn't "Crapsey" a most unfortunate name? Sorry, Adelaide.
Post a Comment