Garrett (Ryan's youngest brother, who has been here in Australia with us) has not received a lot of attention on this blog. I'd like to fix that. I decided to put together a list of things Garrett has done here that he hasn't ever done before, or things that are new to us. These are in no particular order.
Relieved his boredom by walking to KMart. Nothing says fun like KMart.
Made this statement (Delsa can validate): "I'm actually looking forward to starting school"
Admitted to his mother that he's been subconsciously blocking her out since he was a young child (he followed this up by letting her know that she's the only person he does that to and that he's trying to change)
Ate salads without a crouton, bacon bit, or ranch dressing. In fact, when Delsa did put ranch dressing on a "special salad" like Ryan's, Garrett asked her why she had put ranch on his salad since "ranch didn't really go with that salad."
Asked a girl on a date, in person nontheless. He and his wingman Michael (hopefully I can get a photo of the two of them at some point) drove all the way to the girls house just to so he could ask her out.
Ate duck pizza.
Ate duck pizza with a fork. The friends he was with told him he could use his hands, but he ate it Aussie style.
Went to church two weeks in a row.
Actually stayed for two out of three meetings on the second week ("66% isn't to bad "). His white shirt and tie are probably wondering what's going on.
Made an effort to rearrange his life so he could attend a Young Single Adult conference for five days.
Raided Bob's closet to find something to wear on a date.
Made us concede defeat after two rounds when playing Scrabble.
Got "the President" to play basketball. The missionaries can't stop talking about it.
Played squash.
Things he will not do again after leaving Australia:
Watch National Treasure 2
Eat Vegomite (actually, I don't know if he even has done that--but I'm sure I can include it)
Go to KMart
3 comments:
I was a witness to all of this - what's more he eats everything we fix to eat. This is an amazing change in this young man.
i just want to hear about the date. Scoop me immediately.
SO awesome he's doing convention...Tell him to look out for some of my peeps.
I really wish I could be your wingman Garrett.
Post a Comment