Sunday, December 9, 2007

Taking a little blog break

We're heading to the Great Barrier Reef tomorrow for three days and Ryan is leaving his computer home. It's hard to believe he's leaving a part of him behind. So we should have some great photos to post when we get back--it's going to be mid-80's and no chance of rain.

Here's a conversation with Delsa just to end with. She gave me the cell phone Shauri used last year (hopefully I get it to work), so I asked her about her phone number. She didn't know her phone number. I mean, she's only been here a year and a half, and really--she's just visiting. Her response was "I don't want to fill up my brain with all that".

So far we've had some fabulous fajitas, and chicken divan. Our menu will be somewhat limited due to the fact we have to keep three kids in mind, but as always, the food is awesome. I hope she survives the next few days with my sweet, busy children. I wrote out instructions on about 10 different post-it notes, so I'm sure everything will be perfect. We are so grateful for wonderful grandparents who will watch our kids (we've taken advantage of both sets this year).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for documenting this trip. It's so fun to be a part of it in a small way and I check every day.
Can't wait to hear about the Great Barrier Reef.

Shawna B. said...

Oh, our Quinns! You made it safely and have already had some good adventures! Happy to hear it.

All's well on the homefront - the house looks great, and hey, it smells great, too because of your nice cinnamony air freshner. I put some timers on the lights, so you're all set.

It's fun to read about your trip, so keep those updates coming! Have a great time on your excursion to the Great Barrier Reef. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Amy, You'll be glad to know your primary class was very well-behaved today and they had a good time with Jared Harris. Also, Ryan, a few of the YM sang at the ward party last night and did a phenomenal job! Somehow the ward is carrying on without you guys ... but just barely!

Lisa said...

Ahhh to be in 80 degree weather...a girl can only dream!