
Ryan was at Young Mens tonight, so it was just my three jet-lagged crazy kids and me for dinner. Andrew was done eating, but Mason and Katie were taking forever, so I left the kitchen to go get something in a different room.
All of a sudden, I heard Mason shouting about a fire in the microwave. I came running into the kitchen, and sure enough there were flames and a serious electrical burning smell coming from the microwave. I opened it to find our poor smoke detector, which Andrew had decided to cook.
In case your wondering, the smoke detector didn't detect it's own smoke and start beeping. I think the battery was out, though, so who knows if it would have. Maybe that's what Andrew was trying to find out through this little experiment. All I know is that the microwave is going to stay unplugged from now on, and our smoke detector will stay on the ceiling (I had taken it down to replace the batteries).
6 comments:
Um, I think you're going to need a new one. : )
Oh my gosh. Scary. Andrew is such a little rascal. Yes, rascal is definitely the right word for him.
Andrew is smart. Really, really smart. It's clear he puts his family's safety first and is just conducting some private experiments to ensure that. Nice work.
So, it's nice to know that he is no different at home than he was here. I think of him sneaking back to our bedroom where Bob was studying and running from the phone to the printer to the computer to whatever else had buttons. One day while you were gone he disappeared and I went on a search to find him sitting on the floor of our bedroom with Bob's computer on his lap, starting the push the button routine. But oh I miss that smile.
This is an awesome story and an example of why Jason doesn't want to have a 4th child. He's afraid that we'll get a boy who conducts experiments like he did as a child. (Remember how he set the church on fire?)
I think that Andrew and Jason would get along VERY well. :)
Carolyn Hansen???? You guys are still alive? Man, that's a serious relief! Do you guys have a blog?
As for my nephew, does anyone else find this story incredible? How in the world did he manage it. They boy is not a rascal, he is a deviant mastermind. But he does have a great smile. (Part of his plan, i assure you)
Post a Comment