I am happy to report that Ryan will continue to have gainful employment for the next three years. The way things work here at Darden is that after three years, they have the option to either fire you (bad) or keep you for another three years (great). I didn't get the sense from Ryan that his third year review was something I needed to worry about, so I didn't. But I guess there is always the chance that something could go wrong. Either way, I'm happy to say that he did great, and we are here at least until he goes up for tenure. Then we (meaning Ryan primarily, with me getting heavily emotionally involved) get to go through the process again, but much more intensely.
What I love the most, though, is what a big deal his colleagues at Darden have made about it. He has had so many visits, emails, etc., to congratulate him. There are a lot of things I love about Darden, but this is one of the best. It's a great community to be a part of.
So, congratulations to Ryan, and thank you to Darden!
8 comments:
Congratulations Ryan! I am so happy for you. Just another thing to brag about my big brother.
Yay for Ryan!
I don't know why you get so worried Amy... it's Ryan. I don't worry at all, I just know he'll get whatever he wants. Seriously.
That is wonderful news - It sounds as though Ryan wasn't too worried. But then how could they let such a winner go. I love that family picture you have added.
Congratulations Ryan. Having been in the military for many years and having John faced with RIF's periodically, I know that it can be a bit stressful. But -- what can I say. They have the best. Why would they want to shoot themselves in the foot. Congratulations. Hope you all enjoy the next three years as much as these first three.
Mom Burnside
Congrats!
No brainer - of course he stays on, but congrats anyway! : )
Great pic of Ryan btw.
He certainly is a rock star! I agree with all of the other comments, they'd be crazy to let him go.
If you click on the picture of Ryan, you can see him up close and personal...he has a few nose hairs that need to be clipped! I notice those things since I have similar hair growth problems.
Post a Comment