
Here in South Australia, it is officially "Proclamation Day" for reasons I won't go into, but for the rest of Australia, it's "Boxing Day", which I also won't go into. Either way, it was another holiday here, and that meant a great day for more meetings.
Ryan took care of the kids while I crammed for the 11:45 a.m. talk I was supposed to give. The meeting had started at 10:00, but I slipped in on the back row some time after 11:00. I talked about what I expect of missionaries when they come into my home. I wasn't very excited to have to do it, but I was amazed at how it resulted in changing my relationship with the missionaries. The sister missionaries especially took the time to come and talk with me after the meeting. I loved getting to know them, and I was amazed at how many memories came back of my own mission.
After the first two hours, there were two hours for lunch and a mission celebration. That was followed by two more hours of speakers, with Ryan, Delsa, and Bob being the last ones. I left Andrew sleeping in his room and went over to listen to that part, which was wonderful. They all did a great job. Then Ryan and I came back home and ended up taking Andrew for a walk. The weather the last couple of days has been nothing but fabulous, with a brilliant blue sky and warm breezes. It will be hard to go back home to the cold weather.
Once Bob and Delsa were done, we got pizza from Dominos, and headed to the park. The original intention was to play kickball, but we settled for sitting around and watching the kids play. After putting the kids to bed, we played (can you guess?) Scrabble. We did the 2-board innovation so we could all play, and Bob came through with an amazing victory with the word "jailers". He cleared his board, which ended the game, but he was also able to nail a triple word score, which ended up sending him from dead last (where he had been the whole game) straight up to the top. I love a little drama in Scrabble.
I kindly gave Delsa a Scrabble dictionary for Christmas so now she can check up on Bob and all of his made up words. I think it will definitely come in handy.
2 comments:
of everything you wrote about i'm most sad i missed out on a les mis performance
will you please take a picture of garrett and his BFF and post it as well as update on his date?
Post a Comment